Friday, November 19, 2010

Where did he come from?

Yesterday Max was playing 'super hero squad,' running and jumping through the basement. I could hear him making all his super hero moves along with some yelling and grunting at the bad guys. This is a pretty common occurrence at our home which is often followed by Charlie and I questioning where Max came from and which one of us he takes after. ;)

What Max did next caught me completely off guard.

Max rounded the corner and said, "Mom, I wasn't saying ass, I was saying ahh."
Me: "What?"
Max: "I wasn't saying ass, I was saying ahh."
Me: "I don't want you to say that ever, not even to tell me that you didn't say it. Do you understand that isn't a nice word at all." 
(He said it so nonchalant, like it wasn't any big deal to say it if he was ratting himself out.)
Max: "Well....I didn't want to say it but my lungs made it come out."

What do you say to that? 

P.S. Thank you Transformers for that lovely word now in my son's vocabulary.

As I was putting Max to bed last night he asked if I could sing him "That Holly Jolly Song." (He's a little excited for Christmas already.)  After singing that and a few of his other Christmas requests I sang Santa Clause is Coming to Town. Just as I was finishing he said, "Mom! That made me remember that I need to be good. I remember that I need to talk nice to you... I should help pick up and help Kaysie with her stuff too!" Thank you Santa! I love this time of year.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Your kids are so adorable! It was so good to see you guys over the holiday, even if it was only one evening. Love you!