With 3 weeks to go we (I) am getting very excited...a little too excited. My problem is that Max came 3 weeks early and I was hoping for the same with Baby Sister. It looks like that is a no go! I know it isn't real safe to have your baby come early but I really just want her now! Not to mention I have officially lost feeling in my right hand's fingers. The Doc says that it could be from swelling in my arm or a pinched nerve in my back...either way I can't do anything about it until the baby comes! Do you know how annoying it is to lack feeling in your hand. The other day my straightening iron started to fall-I caught it and as my pinkie (the only finger with feeling) wrapped around the iron I realized that I was being burned! Nice! I had burned my other fingers and not even noticed-at least they didn't hurt!
We had another ultrasound yesterday...Dr. Cruz wanted to check the baby's measurements. I also made the radiologist quadruple check the gender of "Baby Sister" (she's still a girl!) According to the Doc Baby Sister is already about 6 pounds 1 ounce! That is almost a half pound bigger than Max was when he was born! I know that sounds small but I still have 3 weeks to go! Yikes! Charlie's cousin Jamie was so thoughtful, she brought over a huge box of beautiful preemie clothes for us to use...it looks as if our chubby baby might not get a chance to wear them-which is good.
I thought I would attach a neat picture of Baby Sister-I can't believe how chubby her cheeks look! Max was never on the chubby side...I can't wait to pinch her legs-if her cheeks are that chubby I can't wait to see her legs. (That is my gene coming out!)
Doesn't she look ticked-she doesn't look impressed at all! :)
Friday, May 1, 2009
- Every morning I ask Max how he slept, most days I get the same type of reply -"Good" or "fine." The other morning was different. I went in to wake him up and I asked him how he slept and his reply was, "Like this" and he started to snore! It was at this point that I realized he had been spending way too much time with his Papa! If any of you know my Dad or remember my Grandpa Peterson's sense of humor you will know what I am talking about.
- A few nights ago Max and I were snuggling before bedtime when he pretended to "have a baby." (According to him you say "bink" and the baby will pop right out.) He said to me, "Mom look at my beautiful baby. Isn't she tiny, look at her tiny toes. Would you like to tickle them?" After we were done admiring his "new baby" he decided it was time to "bink" it back in. I told him that you just can't put it back after it comes out and he laughed hysterically. I don't know if he was laughing because he thought I was teasing him, or if he was thinking something like -"let's wait and see."
- Max was admiring his new shoes when he asked me, "Mom who got me these? Was it Aaron?" (Max has gotten some really great superhero hand-me-downs from Aaron.)
Me: "No, I gave them to you for your birthday."Max: "Oh, did you get them from Hobby Lobby?"
I may be obsessed with Hobby Lobby.....
- As Max and I were climbing into the car I told him to climb into his car seat and his reply was, "Okay Mom, don't freak out!"
Another incident in the car:
- Max was climbing out and I wasn't helping him-he looked right at me and said, "What the heck Mom!"