Friday, May 1, 2009

Thoughts from Max

  • Every morning I ask Max how he slept, most days I get the same type of reply -"Good" or "fine." The other morning was different. I went in to wake him up and I asked him how he slept and his reply was, "Like this" and he started to snore! It was at this point that I realized he had been spending way too much time with his Papa! If any of you know my Dad or remember my Grandpa Peterson's sense of humor you will know what I am talking about.

  • A few nights ago Max and I were snuggling before bedtime when he pretended to "have a baby." (According to him you say "bink" and the baby will pop right out.) He said to me, "Mom look at my beautiful baby. Isn't she tiny, look at her tiny toes. Would you like to tickle them?" After we were done admiring his "new baby" he decided it was time to "bink" it back in. I told him that you just can't put it back after it comes out and he laughed hysterically. I don't know if he was laughing because he thought I was teasing him, or if he was thinking something like -"let's wait and see."

  • Max was admiring his new shoes when he asked me, "Mom who got me these? Was it Aaron?" (Max has gotten some really great superhero hand-me-downs from Aaron.)

Me: "No, I gave them to you for your birthday."

Max: "Oh, did you get them from Hobby Lobby?"


I may be obsessed with Hobby Lobby.....



  • As Max and I were climbing into the car I told him to climb into his car seat and his reply was, "Okay Mom, don't freak out!"


Another incident in the car:

  • Max was climbing out and I wasn't helping him-he looked right at me and said, "What the heck Mom!"

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Max cracks me up! What a fun post to remember the day to day funny stuff we tend to forget.

Kimberly said...

Those are all so funny! Sounds like he is quite the character!

Scotty&Chelsey said...

He is so funny and cute! thanks for bringing me yesterday ihad so much fun with you guys :) I know about the cooking lol but it was fun we bought two hams so i still have one so we are going to have another dinner so ill letyou guys know when we have it and come on over! :)

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Those make me laugh! I'm glad you wrote them down!

Laurel said...

What the heck, Jamie? Not helping him? What's wrong with you! Max is a total crack up. I loved the first one: "Like this." What a character. He is going to love his baby sister!