Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Max's Prayers

Tonight Max's prayer went a little like this..."Thanks for my Dad, he can do anything...he can fix anything. Thanks for my Mom, she fixes all the light bulbs."

Aww. So cute right? What the heck?! I guess the greatest thing I do around here is change the light bulbs! Oh well, don't Dad's always get the credit anyway? You gotta love this kid!

I did thank him for thinking of me in his prayer....he usually misses me as he makes the rounds through every single person he has ever met. ;)

A couple of nights ago Max and I were saying our prayers and he wanted me to go first. In my prayer I asked for comfort for a family who's Grandpa had passed away. Then Max started his prayer-in this prayer he asked if Heavenly Father could make sure their Grandpa was comfy and comfortable there in Heaven with him. Max then went on to say something like this: "My fish should be in Heaven with you too...is he comfortable? Are you taking care of my fish? I miss my fish and I think I should get a new one. Thanks for taking care of everybody." I do believe that Max's prayer that night set a new Max record-it was somewhere close to 20 minutes long! He likes to share every detail of his day and his thoughts and wants to include every single person he knows. I love this kid!

4 comments:

Shana said...

Awww...I love listening to children pray. The sweetest thing ever!

Mark & Shayla said...

Dad's do get all the credit--what is up with that? Max is such a sweetheart.

Aubrey said...

It's good to see that Charlie is making himself useful:). It's funny what comes out in kids prayers. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, we sure have felt them. Tell Max I think he should get a new fish too.

Laurel said...

That is the cutest thing! And 20 minutes? My son is just the opposite. His prayers go like this: "And thank you that we would know what to do, and how to do it, and when to do it...amen. Real heart-felt kind of stuff.

Thank you for your blog. I love the pictures. I love seeing everybody. Holy cow, but Lauren is just gorgeous! And Tell Uncle Devin not to kill his nephews for heaven's sake!

Love you. xoxo