Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why?

"Why?" is a word-or in Max's case; a phrase that I hear about 200 times a day...
I have gotten so used to hearing "why" all day long that I don't really notice it-I answer and then we move on to another "why". The other day my brother spent a few hours with Max, by the end of the day Devin said, "Why do you say "why" all the time?" (It was driving him crazy!) Max looked right at him and said, "Because I don't know." DUH Devin! Pretty simple!

As I was driving Max to school yesterday, we passed the sugar beet piles. He started asking me questions about the beets; what they are for, what they do with them, can we eat them, are they good, etc. He asked questions for what seemed like forever and then when he was satisfied with this new information he just said, "Oh, I didn't know that."

These two conversations with my little man were pretty priceless. They were very simple-so I had to write them down, I didn't want to forget them.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

He is too, too smart. "Because I don't know." I love that. There is a lot of information out there! Good for him getting a head start!