Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa is Coming!

This Christmas season has been so much fun at our house. Max is excited beyond belief. He cannot wait for Santa to hit our house! Our home has been filled with Max's versions of Christmas songs; while he knows a few "real" songs he has also made up some of his own. My personal favorite is "Max loves Santa." He has the Santa thing all figured out this year and I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it is.

Max has had the opportunity to see Santa Clause twice this year. Our first encounter went great! Max ran up to Santa, sat on his lap and then started asking Santa tons and tons of questions-he asked about his reindeer, the elves, his sleigh, etc. I had to physically remove Max from Santa so that other kids could get their turn with the big guy.

Our next visit to Santa was my favorite and it is one that I hope I never forget. Two Saturday's ago was our ward Christmas party and when Santa showed up Max flipped. Let me first begin by telling you that while we were all waiting for dear old Santa we were all singing Christmas carols. The chorister was asking for suggestions as to what to sing. That is when Max stood on his chair and yelled as loud as he could "Rudolph!" Among all the other shouting he wasn't heard so he kept saying it. We sang a short carol and when the chorister asked again a lady that was sitting with us said, "Max has one." Everyone turned around to see Max standing on his chair with a big grin on his face and he says, "Max has one." The chorister asked what it was and he yelled "Rudolph!" as loud as he could! The entire song of Rudolph Max couldn't stop singing and smiling.

After a few more Christmas songs Santa Clause walked through the door-Max looked at me and I knew he wanted to go see him so I nodded. Little did I know that the usual slow poke Max is actually a highly trained sprinter. Max took off chasing Santa down. I believe Max would have caught up to him before he hit the stage but too many people kept cutting him off. (It is at this point that I really wished I had brought my video camera-I don't ever want to forget his reaction.) I had to take off to catch him before he mauled Santa, but by the time I reached the stairs for the stage I saw Michelle Banks' face. She was smiling and pointing to the top of the stage, "He's already up there!" Apparently Max doesn't know about "cutting"-there were a few kids already in line by the time he got there but he didn't care, he pushed his way through. Luckily my Uncle Ray was at the top ushering kids to and from Santa and caught him before he kicked the first kid off Santa's lap. He waited in line very impatiently and when his turn came he was in complete awe of the big jolly man. He told Santa that he wants a computer for Christmas. Is he Charlie's kid or what?! haha! After he was done and climbed down off the stage he realized that his time with Santa was over and started crying. "I need Santa, I want to see him again." I tried to explain that all the other kids need a turn with him-but he really didn't care-he watched all the other kids go through the line and then suckered my Aunt Cresta into taking him up again.

Most of you have heard about his Santa hat...he wears it constantly-he pretends he is Santa. He'll say "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas." and then he'll tell you to sit on his lap then ask you what you want for Christmas.

We are definitely having a Merry Christmas at our home and are hoping that all of you are too. Have a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was so cute. His reaction was pretty priceless--just ran up there so fast. what a cutie!!!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

It sounds like Max is so fun to have around--Christmas will be fun this year! Merry Christmas from our family to yours!