Monday, July 6, 2009


Max had a blast over the 4th! He decided that he really likes fireworks. After we attended the Mustang days fireworks he couldn't wait for more fireworks. Before the actual fireworks started on the 4th we started our festivities with some s'mores roasting and some sparkler racing. Max and Hudson were having so much fun with the sparklers they went through about 50 of them. Of course they got the standard-"Don't touch them they are hot" lecture and "Don't get close to each other with them" lecture as well. All was going great for quiet a while, they went through about 3 packs without an incident. Then it happened....Max's sparkler went out. I swear it happened in slow motion, he reached up and pinched the still orange end of the sparkler. He burned the tip of his pointer finger pretty bad. I rushed him into the house to get cold water on it. He was pretty tough...after the initial crying stopped and Aunt Cari saved the day with an ice pack, he went back to the fireworks. He did have to keep coming back to the ice throughout the night-but I was pretty impressed when he wanted to do sparklers again!
Kaysie in her festive, Red-White-and Blue outfit


Deena said...

Max looks so old with his hat & jeans on! I couldn't believe that was him. Anyway thanks for the pictures and update on your holiday, I always enjoy reading about what the kiddos are up to and of course looking at the pictures. Hope Max's finger is feeling better!

Michaell & Madison said...

oh so fun!!! your little man is so cute...Happy late 4th Max :)

Scotty and Chelsey said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! ouch about Max's finger :(!