Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Charlie's kidney stone....

This blog post is mostly for Charlie's curious family...they have been wanting more information about Charlie's kidney stones. After two emergency room runs over a span of a few weeks, Charlie finally passed a ginormous kidney stone.

Poor guy-Charlie is not one for Doctors or hospitals, he thinks that he will get better all on his own. That's why the day Charlie came home 20 minutes after he left for work, pale as a ghost requesting a chauffeur to the emergency room-I panicked. We arrived at the ER at about 6:15 am and weren't able to leave until 8:30ish. One shot later and he was out cold for the rest of the day. He was able to go about a week with bearable pain. One Sunday he woke up fighting the pain and the second Max and I got home from church we took another trip to the ER. One quick shot later and we were home and Charlie snoozed the rest of the day. Max thought taking his dad to the ER was great fun, he hasn't stopped playing doctor. Charlie seemed fine for what seemed like a couple of weeks and the day before Halloween he came home from work carrying a paper cup. He ended up passing this giant kidney stone at work-nice! Anyway...we hope that is the end of the story. He has been feeling a little ache in his side again, so cross your fingers!


I know that Donna (Charlie's Mom), Grandma and Grandpa-and other family members really wanted to see the picture my weird husband took of his kidney stone so here it is. To anyone else I am sorry.



4 comments:

Shana said...

Oh man! Sorry about that! I have not yet to experience a kidney stone, knock on wood! But I was around when my sister, Tamara, got one while she was pregnant. It was terrible!
I hope that is finally over for Charlie. No Fun!

That picture is kind of weird, but also interesting. :)

Deena said...

Nice work Chuck. You're a tough man.

Laurel said...

Holy big stone, Batman! I have not endured one of these things (and hope I never have to) but those I know who have said it is misery! My condolences to Charlie. xoxo

Lana Brimhall said...

I took a picture of mine to and I still have that picture. I understand mine looks like it was about the size of yours also. Nothing wrong with blogging about the stone, when something that big happens you NEED to share it with everyone.