Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Blame Myself

I really have no one to blame but myself for what happened at lunch yesterday.

As Max and I were eating he accidentally spilled his milk. It didn't look like he had spilled much; I think most of it went between his bib and his shirt. I got up to get a towel and while in the kitchen I heard him mumble something about taking his bib off. As I rounded the corner I saw that he had gotten his bib off to inspect the damage done to his shirt. He had started to wipe the milk off his shirt and in the process I hear my 2-year-old say, "You gotta be freakin' kiddin' me!"

Yes, I admit it-this is a phrase I use often. I am not proud of it-especially now that I know my son has picked it up and knows exactly how to use it. I, however, did not say it when he spilled his milk. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love that they pick up on everything--especially the bad or embarrassing!! So funny:)

Megan said...

That is so funny! Blake picked up my habit of "talking" to other drivers when we lived in AZ... he would sit in the back seat and shake his fist with a scowl on his face as we would drive by other vehicles that were in his mommy's way!

Kimberly said...

I think that happens with every kid and mom. And you don't think anything about what you're saying until it comes out of the mouth of your baby. I say "crap" way too much. I didn't even realize it until Kennedy (20 months old) started repeating "cap, cap, cap," to me. I was horrified! :)
By the way, do you have an email address? We have a blog, but it's private. I'll send you an invite if you want.

Happy Warrior in Training said...

Holy freakin' cow! I can't believe you talk like that! (Umm...you haven't read my post about when Griffin said "sonofa____" have you?) I mean, really! (Or the time Logan said, "Drive, people!" when the missionaries were over?) Shame on you! (or the time...alright you get the idea!)

Crazy little sponges! Don't they know they are not supposed to repeat EVERYTHING?

I'm truly tickled pink by this post!

xoxo Laurel (I think I'm logged in under Thomas..oops)

Shana said...

Yes- that is one of my favorite phrases as well. Maybe it runs in the family. Could be worse, at least that is what I always say to make myself feel better! :)